“He who speaks truth tells what is right, But a false witness, deceit.”-Proverbs 12:17
Have You Been a Victim of Mexico Timeshare Deceit?
First off, the exact meaning of the word deceit is the concealment or distortion of the truth for the purpose of misleading; duplicity; fraud; cheating, etc.. Obviously, the aim of any timeshare salesperson using deceit in their presentation is to purposely trick a prospective client into thinking something that is not necessarily 100% true, which may result in the client spending money on a timeshare that initially he and/or she did not intend to do when commencing the sales process. Unfortunately, many Mexico Timeshare clients, by design of the deceitful salespersons, do not find out that they have been a victim of Mexico Timeshare Deceit until they have passed the five day cancellation period! We, at Mexico Timeshare Advocate, highly recommend Mexico Timeshare owners to not assume that options do not exist for them if they unfortunately discover that they have been victims of Mexico Timeshare Deceit. Click here and reach out for help!
How To Protect Yourself Against Mexico Timeshare Deceit?
As the old saying goes in business, “Be sure to get everything in writing!” Generally speaking, it is the verbal promises that motivate a client to purchase but, interesting enough, most are not put in writing. In many cases, it is these very promises which later become the compiled laundry list of deceit that the client is upset with. This is why it is very important TO NOT overly trust the salesperson, especially if the salesperson and the prospective client(s) have become “friends” during the sales presentation. A deceitful salesperson can and will use the element of “friendship” and “trust” against the client(s) in their aim of getting the buyer to spend money. In many cases, when the written contract does not exactly state what the salesperson`s verbal promises included, the “trusted” salesperson who is now a “friend” may ask the client to simply trust him or her in that the verbal claims made are indeed truthful. It is very important to remember that a timeshare purchase even if done while on vacation is a business transaction that includes a legal contract! Lastly, don`t forget that a wise woman once said, “Be careful when doing business with friends!”
What Are Examples of the Different Levels of Mexico Timeshare Deceit?
We thought of a just few examples, from least to worst, that include the seeds of timeshare deceit so buyers will be made aware of what to be on the lookout for. Remember, it is the buyers responsibility to do their own due diligence on the entirety of the presentation while keeping in mind that good ol’ saying…”if it sounds too good to be true then it probably is!” Be alert that a salesperson may make any or more of the below following claims:
- That the timeshare company will be adding new amenities to the property and/or will be building new timeshare resorts.
- The timeshare company will be adding new V.I.P. discounts, amenities and services that the new client will be entitled to when using the timeshare at the home resort. This verbal promise may be extended to when the client is also using the timeshare on exchange.
- That upon buying the Mexico Timeshare, the ability to get better exchanges through the major exchange networks is guaranteed. This may be true in very limited cases but most certainly not all. Mexico Timeshares are generally floating week purchases, not deeded specific weeks so there is no way of knowing what week will be submitted to the exchange company upon a client wanting to exchange elsewhere. For example, the Mexico Timeshare resort may knowingly submit a week in August – October to the major exchange company, BUT the timeshare client unaware of the dates of the deposited week is requesting availability in Colorado during the month of February. It is these type of incidences that leave Mexico Timeshare owners questioning why they are not able to get the top exchanges they were told they would receive. Deeded specific weeks hold a lot of power in the worldwide various exchange company`s systems since their availability is guaranteed for the exchange company. That means that a deeded week in February at a known ski location is much more powerful in the various worldwide timeshare exchange systems than most floating week offers.
- That within just a few months it is very easy to reserve that big, beautiful suite overlooking the ocean during peak travel periods after buying into the timeshare plan.
- That an escrow agent will handle the marketing of the weeks of the purchased timeshare and that in certain years, guaranteed, the client will receive a monetary return.
- That an escrow agent has found a buyer to liquidate(within 180 days) the timeshare a client has been wanting to get rid of due to the increasing annual mandatory maintenance fees or due to the simple fact that the client no longer travels in the same manner and/or frequency as he and/or she did previously.
What To Do If Now You Wish To Cancel Your Contract?
If you are still within 5 days of purchasing and have made up your own mind to cancel and need help with writing your cancellation letter. Click here for your Cancellation Letter-Sample!
The reason why Mexico Timeshare Advocate was established was to help Mexico Timeshare Owners who have been misled, deceived, and/or have had their Mexican Consumer Rights abused by dishonest salespersons.
How To Be Certain Your Mexico Timeshare Is Truly A Deeded Ownership?